The philosophy of a reliable mini-motor, combined with optimizing the resonance of the exhaust provides the pilot:
Easier to start
Less fuel = less to carry
Less weight means a lighter frame
Less weight in flight means you can use a paraglider that is smaller and easier to inflate
Less weight gives you the ability to launch easier and under control - not struggling with a heavy load
The increase in performance of modern paragliders makes it possible to fly with almost one-half the power of a few years ago.
A little two-stroke engine, built with modern technology, can offer more then enough reliable power and much less weight. This makes the critical take-off run easier and safer.
Moster 185 Plus
The new Miniplane Moster 185 Plus is now our latest offering on the ABM Miniplane Frame.
We have now added the Moster Plus 185cc Manual and Dual Start to the line of engines available on the Classic Miniplane frame.
The light and perfectly balanced Miniplane Classic Frame has proven itself over the years as a favorite for many pilots. Adding the Vittorazi Moster Plus engine is a natural evolution towards serving the needs of the community.
The Vittorazi Moster family of engines has become one of the most popular and trusted motors in the paramotor industry for heavier pilots needing a significant amout of power for their flying pursuits.
The ABM Low-Hangpoint Harness system handles the torque really well, it's a completely different feel than when this motor is mounted on other frames - very balanced, very light and climbs straight even at full throttle as a result of the ABM arms.
The ABM arms are "bent" in the opposite direction than the Top 80 and Polini 130cc units, as the Moster is a belt drive, and turns the prop in the opposite direction than the gearbox redrive. The frame is specific to the Moster, and will not work for other engines (you can't swap Top 80/Polini/Minari/Moster).
The Moster Plus 185 incorporates a clutch, and this is why we have chosen this engine for our lineup. We fell that the addition of the clutch is a significant step towards safety and versatility in paramotor engine design. Read more about the Vittorazi Moster Plus 185 below, then get ready to experience this awesome new Paramotor!
- Light - Only 53 lbs dry weight for the Manual Start!
- Balanced - Moster Plus engine sits close to your back!
- Starting - Easy Manual starting with a well primed engine!
- Quiet - Listen to the engine at cruise RPM!
- Powerful - Watch the climb rate in the short video below!
- Inexpensive - One of the most reasonably priced units available!
- Options - Basic unit comes with Apco SLT (Super Light) Harness and Wood Propeller (Miniplane or SupAir Harness, E-Prop, Helix or Yueny Propellers are options).
- Dual Start - Now available in DUAL Start: Both Manual & Electric
- Wide Body? - Make your Miniplane more comfortable with our ABM Spacers, available in 10 or 20mm sizes.
Midwest Powered Paragliding
Open : 9 am - 5 pm EST
Closed : Tuesday and Friday
Hours at the training facility vary due to weather and training schedules. Please call prior to coming.
7851 Shannon Lakes Way
Indianapolis, IN 46217
3477 S 200 E
Franklin, IN 46131